Monday, December 6, 2010

Giving Thanks --------- Quick-Page 2 ------------------freebie

I made another page of my dear Jose.  I don't have any pics from this year not only because it's a sad time for me right now but also because I tried hard to make it good but ended up nearly burning my Thanksgiving dinner.  Yes, I say nearly but I think that "God" interveined somehow.  Because it should have been burnt to a crisp. 

I had stayed up late the night before but decided to lay down anyway and set my clock for 4am.  It went off and I got the turkey in the oven by 5:15am.  Good to go, right?  Well, I then reset my clock for 7am.  I got up then and basted the Turkey - the temp was at almost 160 degrees.  Was looking great.  So I decided to put my stuffing in the oven too and then set my alarm for about 9:30am to take everything out.  Fail safe plan right.

Well, my alarm either never went off or I just didn't hear it.  Been working for like forever at work trying to get the store ready for Thanksgiving and I was pretty tired.  (I work at a grocery store in the bakery 40hrs a week)  Can you guess what time I got up?  It was at 1PM! 

I was so angry with myselt.  Even cried some because I ruined dinner for not just me (which wouldn't have been a bad thing for me) but I ruined it for my brother.  He was in our craft room working and heard me say a few things I can't mention.  He later came in to see what was wrong.

I told him I ruined Thanksgiving for him.  I felt bad because he had stayed here with me for Thanksgiving instead of going to our families house 3hrs away because he didn't want to leave me by myself.  What a great brother.  Anyway, he said it couldn't be that bad.  (My turkey was in there for 8hrs and the stuffing 6hrs).   I asked him why he didn't wake me and he said he thought I had it all under control.  Then I noticed there was no burnt smell or anything.  (Remember I had just got a new oven)  So he took it out and we checked it.  The wings were pretty much toast but almost all the breast meat and all the dark meat were fine.  The dark me was really juicy!  My stuffing wasn't even burnt exept a little bit around the edged touching the foil.  So it was all fine.  We had a great meal.  We cooked mashed potatoes and brocolli with cauliflour.  Awesome.

I know God must have been there that day but now that I think of it. 
Maybe my Jose was there watching out for me a little bit too. 
Or maybe I have a really great oven.
I'll take all three please!

So here's a layout from 2006 on Thanksgiving the first year we had Shaylee.  She even got her own plate.

 Here is your freebie quick-page today.

1 comment:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Dec. 07, 2010. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews