Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fishing with Dad Quick-page

Hey everyone.
As promised I'm giving you a quick-page from my Fishing with Dad kit. I made this page describing a day my husband Jose had the other day. He went fishing. I actually didn't have any photos to scrap but had a big story to tell. It's really quite funny. Here is the page.




He got chased by this nutria. I laughed till I was crying. I think he got a little mad at me too but I couldn't help it. He was fishing and (this is true - he used cheetos and anything else he can find) put a cheeto on his line. Well he caught something and started reeling it in. Well it came in faster than he could reel and then whatever he caught came right up on land and chased him. True story! He came in telling me a rat or beaver chased him and he jumped in the back of our Tundra pick-up to get away from it. I'm sorry........but that's just funny and all I had was this picture in my head of something chasing him. Well, he called my mom and talked to her about it (which she laughed too but) and she actually knew what chased him into the truck. It's called a Nutra or Nutria. She said that "we" imported these creatures from the Louisiana swamps (she says) to clean up our lakes and rivers. So I had to look it up on the internet and here it is. Above is what chased my poor Jose. I would have ran too.......... Mom said they didn't get that big but talking to fishermen here, I've been told they can be the size of small dogs. One even said that he had some at his pond where he fishes. So he didn't imagine it. I still have this mental picture though! LOL

The quick page is a little different but I think better. Planned it out better anyways. So here it is.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Quick Page(s) post on Mar. 29, 2009. Thanks again.

Ginger said...

OMG! That is just too funny! I would have paid money to see him running and jumping in the truck. He's going to be so mad when he finds out you shared this story! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews