Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oh my........

Hey everyone,

Well, I may have done it. I just bought a computer that I'm gonna be putting together myself. Whew! I'm a little nervous because I've never actually done that before and I just hope I can do it and do it right. It cost me about $352 for the whole thing. I'll have to install some of the stuff from my now/old computer. But that's not going to be a problem. I put stuff on it all the time. I've actually changed out all my drives at least 3 time probably (hard drives, disk drives, plus sound cards, usb ports and other stuff). But I've never messed with a motherboard before and that scares me a little. But I'll have a much beefier computer. My computer is probably around 10yrs old. I bought it from Lori's son who built it himself. I've had it at least 7 yrs and there is now telling how long he had it. It's been a great computer and I kind of hate to see it go. But I can't update it anymore. The processor is about a 1.1 Ghz with a 1 gig of ram. I'm lucky I can actually do anything with it. The new one is a 2.66 Ghz with 3 gigs of ram that can upgrade to 8gig. I just got to put it together. I won't get it until about a week so wish me luck then. It's going to be my Christmas present. Jose wanted me to pick it out because he didn't want to get the wrong thing and he knew I needed it. Isn't he sweeet. He was going to get me an entire computer but I told him all I needed was the tower. I have all the rest. He got me a great monitor last year - a samsung 20" flat widescreen that is just awesome.

I've been told I'm going to be the featured designer at ScrapitSassy next month from the 1st to the 15th. Too cool. I didn't think she'd put me on for a while. So be looking for me.

Anyway, I'll be back later with another freebie for JoJo's kit. Gotta get it together first.

Later,

april

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

April, I am so happy for you! A new computer and designer of the month! That's awesome! Congrats, you deserve it. However, I wouldn't want to put the computer together. LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews