Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I hope this helps Yholee

Hi Yholee and anyone else that this helps out.

Like I said before I'm not into this photoshop to much. But I can use it. Just takes more time. I just reminded myself why I don't use it very much. Guess I need to use it a lot more often so I can help all of you. I need to broaden my horizons so to say. Still love Micosoft.

Ok here it is. And if anyone knows of an easier way please let me know. But this is how I did it.

Yholee.

When you go into your program

  1. open up the frame.png and the photo.jpg . Have them both opened up in your program.
  2. click on photo.jpg and using the rectangular marque tool on the left hand side of the program. It should look like a dashed rectangle. Choose all of the photo that you want to include in the frame. (just start in the top left hand corner and drag it all the way to the bottom right hand corner - or where you want to start and end on photo)
  3. Go to edit menu (up top) and click copy from the drop down menu.
  4. Then choose the frame.png file and go to edit menu (top) again and click paste from drop down menu. You then have 2 layers opened (in side menu on right) for that file.
  5. Close the oringinal photo.jpg or just x out of it. (You don't have to save it)
  6. Move the frame.png to top (just drag it to the top - hold down curser over frame layer and pull it to the top) You should then see the black frame on top of the photo.
  7. Next, using the wand tool in the palette on the left choose all of the black from the frame. (Just hold curser/wand over it and click and it should show all that was chosen)
  8. Then move or drag the photo back to the top in the layers menu on the right. (make sure that little box is checked - the one thats to the left of the layer name)
  9. Then you should see the photo with the dashed frame line on top of it. (Looks like a dashed outline of the frame moving around)
  10. Go to Selection at top and click Inverse. This chooses the white or transparent part that was in the frame (the parts that weren't black).
  11. Then go to edit (up top) and click cut from drop down menu. This cuts if out of the photo.
  12. Then go to Layers menu (at top) and click flatten image from the drop down menu. This brings both photo & frame together making you just the photo cutout like the frame thus making it only one layer again.
  13. Then save under a different name than the photo or frame name.
  14. Then you can just put it in your scrapbook pages after that. I like to add shadow to them when I put them on a page. Brings them out more.
And there you have it. I hope I didn't confuse you Yholee. I hope that this works the same way in CS3. Took me a little bit to figure it out. Please let me know if this helps you. There might be an easier way to do it but this is the way I did it. So let me know. And don't hesitate to ask me for more help. I do honestly understand not being able to figure out stuff and it drive me nuts. I almost can't handle it. I usually try till I figure it out. So, please don't hesitate. And let me know if it works for you.

Good luck Yholee and anyone else who might have had problems.

April

1 comment:

gabbyfowl said...

Thanks so much for the tip, I done this but wasn't sure how I got it to work and couldn't get it to happen again. Was so excited to see directions. Thanks also for your templates they are great and appreciate all your hard work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews